[c-nsp] 2821 for BGP?

miguel don_miguel at chile.com
Mon Jan 15 14:54:38 EST 2007

Hi all...

    I know that the 38xx is the default router recommended for BGP
applications. However, I was wondering if any of you have been working
with the 2821 (or 2811) with BGP. I'm worry about CPU usage.
So this is the general config.

link1                            link2

Each router will have a BGP default route to link 1, and an alternative
route to link 2.
The maximum throughput will be 5-6Mbps

Now, has anybody work with something like this (or similar) with this
type of routers?

PS: I'm not worry about memory, cos' I can upgrade it to 512.