[c-nsp] unicast NFS traffic seen on all trunks

Kevin Howard kevin at leh.net
Wed Jan 17 11:05:32 EST 2007

Hello,

We have a situation where we see (via sniff) established nfs traffic on all our
trunk links.  We can see the src and dest ip's, the traffic counts increasing
when certain database jobs runs.  We cannot nail down, after the initial
broadcast of the src to find the dest ip, why the traffic is seen on each trunk
link.  Basic hub and spoke, 6509's at core, 4000's at the spokes.  No directed
broadcasts allowed either.

Example:  Core A and B.  Spokes C,D,E,F,G

traffic passes from C to core (A/B) back to D.  The trunk links on E, F, & G
see the traffic.
Any input on this or where else to look would be appreciated.

--Kevin