[c-nsp] Disconnecting single PPPoE links of MLPPP bundle?

Garry Glendown gkg at gmx.de
Sat Jan 20 16:32:25 EST 2007

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote:
>> prefer not running a telnet/show user to get the user table ... is
>> there any way to do this via SNMP?
>
> check out the CISCO-AAA-SESSION-MIB. Every connection is represented
> there, and you can also disconnect sessions this way ("aaa session-mib
> disconnect" to enable this).

Hm ... will try to locate that ...

>> Second: Can I send an SNMP command (via RW-community) to disconnect a
>> certain virtual interface?

I've set up a small bash script that already works by using rcmd/rsh ...
of course, SNMP is preferred ;)

> Same as above.. Alternatively you could also use the Radius
> Packet-of-Disconnect feature to disconnect users (and I think also
> individual PPP sessions) via Radius.

Problem with POD is probably that it's more complicated to extract the
current Sessions ID from the logs than to get the

> As an alternative, you could also control the disconnect on the client
> (assuming you use Cisco CPEs), see below for a config sniplet (posted by
> Daniel Roesen recently) which uses the "kron" feature on the CPE:

? But with multiple dialers, this wouldn't be a Multilink PPP session
anymore !?

> kron occurrence daily at 3:00 recurring
>  policy-list reconnect-d1
> kron occurrence daily at 3:15 recurring
>  policy-list reconnect-d2

Yet another feature in IOS I haven't come across before ;) Tnx!!!

-garry