[c-nsp] WS-X6348-RJ45 and "trust dscp"

MKS rekordmeister at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 09:06:12 EST 2007

Hello cisco-nsp

I have a WS-X6348-RJ45 in a 7609 box. I have noticed the this card doesn't
support *mls qos trust dscp* on the interface level.

This is a known issue according to
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a008015bfa0.shtml#issue

I have found a workaround document regarding CatOS. See this document
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/138.pdf
In short, "Because you cannot trust−dscp on the 6348 line card, the easiest
method in this case would be to leave all the ports as untrusted and to
change the default ACL to trust−dscp, as in the following example:
   set qos enable
   set port qos 2/1−16 trust untrusted
   set port qos 3/1−48 trust untrusted
   set qos acl default−action ip trust−dscp"

Is there a similar workaround for IOS, so I can  make the interface trust
the DSCP values.

It isn't a option to turn off "mls qos" globally;)

Many thanks in advance.

/MKS