[c-nsp] How many sessions can a 7204vxr-npe300 and 7505/rsp4+ do?

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Wed Jan 31 10:39:48 EST 2007

Skeeve Stevens wrote:

> I'd also like some idea on how many a 7505/RSP4+/256mb could do as well.
>
> ...Skeeve

Like Rodney points out, expect trouble using the 7500 platform for PPPoX.

The limit for the pppoe sessions is likely going to be the idb limit,
which is 2048.

I would expect you could have 1000 sessions logged in.

The real limit would be much lower and depends on the traffic profile.

Since the pppox switching happens on the rsp, dont expect much more than
    50-80mpbs of imix traffic.