[c-nsp] Catalyst QoS Based on VLAN ID

Bob Sinclair bob at bobsinclair.net
Sat Jul 7 18:41:53 EDT 2007

Skeeve Stevens wrote:
> I found a feature called 'Per Vlan Per Port Policing' which is on the
> latest
> two IOS's available for the 3560 and 3750 +G versions.
>
> In the 3550 it is simple with the 'match vlan x' option under the
> class-map... but even though the feature navigator says the 3560/3750
> can do
> it, that match vlan is not there, so it must be done another way... which
> I've yet to figure out yet, but would love it if someone could help me.

  Skeeve,

Here is an example of a per-port, per-vlan police on a 3560.  3750
should be the same.  You need to apply  a hierarchical policy to the
interface vlan, and enable per-vlan qos on the physical port.

Enable qos and enable vlan-based qos on the trunk port:

mls qos

interface f0/13
 mls qos vlan-based

Policy-map POLICE references the ICMP class and marks it precedence 1.
Then policy-map INT13 is applied.   This child policy specifies the port
and the policy:

policy-map POLICE
  class ICMP
   set precedence 1
   service-policy INT13

policy-map INT13
  class INT13
    police 1024000 8000 exceed-action drop

The parent policy is the applied to the interface vlan in question:

interface vlan 13
service-policy input POLICE

Here are the ACLs and Classes:

access-list 101 permit icmp any  any

class-map match-all ICMP
  match access-group 101

class-map match-all INT13
  match input-interface  FastEthernet0/13

Note that only the police command can be used in the child policy.  The
parent policy must have the SET or the TRUST action.

-

Bob Sinclair CCIE 10427 CCSI 30427
www.netmasterclass.net