[c-nsp] Catalyst with HSRP

Roman Bestuzhev vhelgi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 12:26:31 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am trying to choose L2/L3 gigabit Catalyst switch with HSRP support.

The is a requirement that the device must support at least 128 SVI/L3
interfaces for HSRP (256 or more would be excellent).

As far as I know, Cat3550 can support 256 HSRP interfaces but it is supplied
only with 10/100 fast ethernet ports. I was looking at 3560/3750 models and
found that according their documentation they can have only 32 HSRP-capable
L3 interfaces.

Is there anyr device with same HSRP capabilities as Cat3550 but with gigabit
ports which is not so expencive as Cat6500? May be some new IOSes can help
to bypass a   limitation of 32 HSRP interfaces on 3560/3750.

--
Roman Bestuzhev,
System Administrator