[c-nsp] Border

Wed Jul 25 21:59:30 EDT 2007

Been looking around to try to find the best solution for a border router and
it's looking like the best solution for the price is the 7206 NPE-G2.  I've
seen the NPE cards go for about $11,000 each and before i make the purchase
i wanted to see if anybody else had any recommendations.  Currently we have
multiple 3750G's going bgp and vlaning.  Have about 300 vlans and pushing
about 100-200mbit.  Right now were only receiving a default route but want
to start pulling full routes and choosing the best path.  We have 2
providers and 4 gigE connections (2 to each).  I'm thinking multiple 7206
NPE-G2's as the borders but wanted to see if anybody else had any
recommendations before i purchased the equipment.  I know 100-200mbit isnt
much traffic but we want to make sure we can handle a decient flood if one
should come in.

~Shaun