[c-nsp] VPN mode Bridge

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sat Jul 28 17:37:33 EDT 2007

Hoi,

On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 12:41:10PM -0500, Jorge Evangelista wrote:
> Is there anyway for deploy a VPN in mode bridge with Cisco 851 or
> other models?, I want to deploy a VPN where I want have some hosts
> inside the same subnet of main office,

You can do this with proxy-arp on both ends - but it's ugly, evil, and
I'd strongly reconsider whether you *really* want this.

In the cases where we thought we need this - well, we didn't.  It was
easier to fix the "reasons" (like: use WINS instead of relying on
windows broadcasts, extend ACLs by the VPN addresses used, etc.)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de