[c-nsp] Netflow config on 6500 720-3B

Andrew Mabe amabe at mcnc.org
Wed Jun 6 12:44:02 EDT 2007

Ahhh yes.. You are correct..

"
-------
  The v9 format can be enabled with the following command:
	Router(config)# ip flow-export version 9 [origin-as | peer-as] [bgp-
nexthop]

Please note that this configuration is common to the RP and the SP
and so it will override the /mls nde sender version/ command if
configured.  Also please note that with v9 the /bgp-nexthop/ option
is supported for hardware-switched flows starting from Cisco IOS
Release 12.2(18)SXF.
Please note that /full/ support of Netflow sampling with the v9
format is not available yet either.  The simultaneous configuration
of the two feature is allowed today and the sampled flows will be
exported.  However, the issue is that the options template for
sampling will not be exported.
-------
"

 From the way that reads, it seems that enabling ip flow-export
version 9 SHOULD send you both RP and SP netflow data.  If it works
like that, however, I cannot comment.

I personally use version 5 and have no current need to run v9.