[c-nsp] Cisco equivalent of juniper hardware

Jeff Fitzwater jfitz at Princeton.EDU
Wed Jun 6 16:47:20 EDT 2007

    If you do choose the 7600, make sure you get the 720-BXL, it
supports double the flow table size and larger TCAM for fast switching.
We use 720-3B with 3Full BGPs but had to increase TCAM allotment for IP
V4 flows vs IP v6 and Multicast, to reduce route processor CPU load due
to flows being software switched instead of in the PFC (hardware switched).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2797/products_data_sheet09186a0080159856.html

 Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network Systems
Princeton University