[c-nsp] FWSM and problems with disk:/

Mark Tohill Mark at u.tv
Wed Jun 27 05:36:23 EDT 2007

Hello,

We have a 6509 running 12.2(18)SXF4. In this chassis we have a FWSM
running 3.1(5) software.

Recently I configured logging to write to flash and up'ed the default
1MB whcih logging can use to 2MB of 56MB flash:

logging flash-bufferwrap
logging flash-maximum-allocation 2000

On configuring, the logs were written to disk:/syslog, a directory which
the FWSM created itself.
The directory filled up it's 2MB and started to wrap, all seemed well.

After a week or so of logging, I can no longer 'dir' on the disk:/
device:

6509-FWSM/6/act# dir
Directory of disk:/
No files in directory
59748352 bytes total (0 bytes free)

I have switched off all logging to flash and tried to deleted the syslog
directory:

6509-FWSM/6/act# rmdir disk:/syslog
Remove directory filename [syslog]?
Delete disk:/syslog? [confirm]
%Error Removing dir disk:/syslog (File not found)

Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Tohill