[c-nsp] Problems with peers that don't have full routing tables

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Mon Mar 5 01:26:38 EST 2007

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Bob Tinkelman wrote:
>> Why not just filter 165.254.65.0/24 from the feed you
>> receive from NTT? You'd still see the /20, but should prefer
>> your direct connection to your customer (fewer AS hops) so
>> long as your link to them is up.
>
> You're correct.  Your solution would give the customer
> exactly what he wants, all traffic for his /24 arriving via
> his other upstream.

I guess you could avoid the more general problem by rejecting all the
more specifics from your customers' address blocks from your peers and
upstreams.  We do that for single-homed customers, but I guess based
on your case should also consider it for multihomed ones.

I wonder if it would break some more fancier TE setups though.