[c-nsp] Resilience in order of few hundreds of milliseconds

Alaerte.Vidali at nokia.com Alaerte.Vidali at nokia.com
Tue Mar 6 15:15:27 EST 2007

Tony, Rodney,

Thanks for the analysis. I see you agree on the limitation of how to
detect the failure.
As I said, the solution must be without using FRR or BFD.

When there is FRR support, we can use RSVP hellos; I am wondering way
Cisco does not support RSVP hellos being a mechanism to indicate failure
on logical tunnel interface from headend to tailend. The headend would
detect failure on option 1 and try option 2. (or if there are two tunnel
interfaces with diverse path and Multipath Routing, when one logical
interface goes Down traffic would be carried by other interface)
Any comments?

Moving to other idea, what do you think about this OSPF tuning?
-Send OSPF hellos at each 100ms, setting TspfDelay and TspfHold to 0.

(it is not necessary reach 50 to 100ms as in FRR; 200 to 400ms would be
fine, but network stability under high traffic is very important, so no
false positives needed)

Br,
Alaerte