[c-nsp] Equipment Recommendations

Gary Stanley gary at velocity-servers.net
Tue Mar 6 18:53:41 EST 2007

I am looking for some switching equipment for an upcoming project. I
plan on taking partial routes from a couple tier 1 with a possible
3rd tier1 into switching equipment.

I was looking at one of the 650x's with a sup2/sup2u, but I can't
seem to find how many routes internally it supports. The sup32
supports around 256k routes which seems fine, but the device itself
seems a bit of an overkill for our project. 720 is a definite overkill for us.

Will a sup2 take partial routes from 2 tier1s with plenty of breathing room?