[c-nsp] Resilience in order of few hundreds of milliseconds

Alaerte Vidali Alaerte.Vidali at nokia.com
Tue Mar 6 20:49:44 EST 2007

ok. Thanks for all inputs.
Here is the summary:
Topic: Is it possible achieve resilience in order of few hundreds of miliseconds without using FRR/BFD?
Requirement: stability of solution under high traffic to avoid false positive

Path Protection: headend is notified about LSP failure along the path
"if a link failure occurs, the LSR to which the failed link is directly attached will generate an RSVP PATH error and an RESV tear message to the headend"

Tuning OSPF: no Cisco support to define millisecond value for OSPF hello (even though Cisco supports subseconds hello)

Did someone measure recovery time of Path Protection?
Is there any reason to not support RSVP Hellos from headend to tailend as a mechanism to detect failure faster?

I dont remember clearly but there was an issue about configuring RSVP Hello on tunnel interface and using MPLS VPN over TE. Any comments on this?

Br,
Alaerte