[c-nsp] TCAM refresher

Lars Fenneberg lf at elemental.net
Wed Mar 14 16:19:15 EST 2007

Hello Roland,

Quoting Roland Dobbins (rdobbins at cisco.com):

> On Mar 14, 2007, at 9:20 AM, TCIS List Acct wrote:
>
> > We are in a similar situation -- considering a 6500/Sup2/MSFC2 for
> > core.
>
> Given trends in table-size growth, I'd strongly recommend you go with
> Sup720 or RSP720 (new model).

what is the difference between the Sup720 and the RSP720? The only thing I
could find is that the RP on the RSP720 can take more RAM and supports
FAT32. Is there any benefit in using the RSP720 instead of a Sup720? Will
the RSP720 be supported in the Catalyst 65xx range of chassis? According to
the data sheet it is currently not supported.

Sorry for the many questions but we're in a similar situation of upgrading
our core switches due to BGP table growth.

Cheers,
Lars.
--
Lars Fenneberg, lf at elemental.net (private), lf at mcs.de (work)
Work legalese: MCS Moorbek Computer Systeme GmbH, Hamburg, Handelsregister Hamburg B62933, Geschaeftsfuehrer: Kai Brandes, Eckard Kabel