[c-nsp] OC-12 port adapter

nachocheeze at gmail.com nachocheeze at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 09:31:04 EST 2007

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2033/products_data_sheet09186a00800afe7f.html

The PA-SRP-OC12 Dynamic Packet Transport (DPT) port adapter is a
dual-width OC-12c/STM-4 port adapter that provides a shared IP over
optical capability in Cisco 7500 Series Routers, Cisco 7200 Series
Routers, Cisco uBR7246, Cisco uBR7246VXR, or Cisco 7200 VXR Series
routers.

The DPT port adapter is designed to be deployed in SONET OC-12c/STM-4
DPT rings. DPT rings can also be connected to SONET add drop
multiplexers (ADMs), thus allowing for the creation of small or very
large DPT rings. DPT is media independent, capable of operation over
dark fiber, SONET/SDH gear, and WDM infrastructure.