[c-nsp] 6500 WS-X6748-GE-TX and memory

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Tue Mar 27 12:24:58 EST 2007

On (2007-03-27 09:59 -0500), Nick Griffin wrote:

> I see there is an option for the 6748 gig modules for additional memory for
> these cards, up to 1 GB. I'm trying to justify this, does anyone have any
> thoughts on advantages of adding the additional memory that are not apparent
> for me?

You get 256 with CFC, 512 with 3B/3C DFC, and 1GB with 3[CB]XL DFC. They're
probably only configured automatically as 0USD items when buying DFC's.
How ever the poor mans ISSU that came in SRC requires 512MB of
memory in LC's, so it can preload new IOS in the memory. This might
justify buying 512MB for CFC (if even possible to upgrade).

> TIA,
>
> Nick Griffin

  ++ytti