[c-nsp] 7513 T3 Card Question

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Thu Mar 29 01:44:02 EST 2007

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, David Coulson wrote:

> Jon Lewis wrote:
>> VOIP.  It doesn't appreciate the out of order packets caused by cef
>> per-packet load sharing.
>
> We've got a couple of clients doing voip with per-packet load balancing,
> and we've not had any issues with them. I think they're all using IAX2
> w/ Asterisk, so it might handle unsequenced packets better than SIP.

If the circuits between you and the customer follow roughly the same path
across the carrier(s) network(s), the delay variance (jitter) between
packets sent across each circuit should be low.  If the customer ever
decides to add another cricuit to handle additional traffic, that could
change the performance characteristics depending on how the circuit is
engineered.

jms