[c-nsp] policy routing

Charles J. Boening charlieb at cot.net
Fri Mar 30 23:51:54 EST 2007

Typical.  I think I figured it out after I asked the question.  Didn't
think about it before, but looks like I can match both the source IP and
the outbound interface and then set ip next-hop to force the traffic to
the right NAT router.  Seems to prevent inter-vlan routing between
(2,3,4) and (4,5,6) and gets me my desired result.

I also saw I had two vlan4 in my example.  The 10.1.x.0/24 should have
all been in the 5,6,7 vlans.

Thanks to any who read and considered answering.  I am interested if
anyone has a better or more proper solution though.  :)

I ended up with something like this.  Typed it out by hand so I hope
there are no mistakes.  :)

!
Interface vlan 2
  Ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0
  Ip policy route-map private-192
!
Interface vlan 2
  Ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0
  Ip policy route-map private-192
!
Interface vlan 2
  Ip address 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0
  Ip policy route-map private-192
!
Interface vlan 5
  Ip address 10.1.0.1 255.255.255.0
  Ip policy route-map private-10
!
Interface vlan 6
  Ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0
  Ip policy route-map private-10
!
Interface vlan 7
  Ip address 10.1.2.1 255.255.255.0
  Ip policy route-map private-10
!
Access-list 5 permit 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.255
Access-list 5 permit 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255
Access-list 5 permit 192.168.2.0 0.0.0.255
Access-list 6 permit 10.1.0.0 0.0.0.255
Access-list 6 permit 10.1.1.0 0.0.0.255
Access-list 6 permit 10.1.2.0 0.0.0.255
!