[c-nsp] Spurious interrupts

Piotr Nowacki piotr.nowacki at interia.pl
Wed May 16 12:25:38 EDT 2007

Hi,

Whilst troubleshooting high CPU util. I came across of this document
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1828/products_tech_note09186a00800a65d1.shtml
discovered "show stack" command and spotted high number of Spurious interrupts: 1706899
and increasing by over 10 per second.

2821 with 256MB of memory doing:

15Mbits/s up
30Mbit/s down
2 BGP sessions.

CEF switching is on
Netflow export with "ip route-cache flow" configured on both interfaces.

1st interface has 4 subinterfaces configured
2nd interface has 2 subinterfaces configured

Constant CPU util around 30% with spikes up to 90%.

Above document suggests doing core dump for TAC.
Is there anything else I could take a closer look at ?

Regards
Peter