[c-nsp] Ds3 Issues

Juan C. Crespo R. jcposeidon at cantv.net
Wed May 16 15:45:27 EDT 2007

Dears

    I have one problem with one new Ds3 link, it always shows CRC errors
and this show controller output

   11017 Line Code Violations, 5613 P-bit Coding Violation
   5360 C-bit Coding Violation
   887 P-bit Err Secs, 0 P-bit Sev Err Secs
   0 Sev Err Framing Secs, 0 Unavailable Secs
   901 Line Errored Secs, 887 C-bit Errored Secs, 0 C-bit Sev Err Secs
 Total Data (last 1 15 minute intervals):
   11017 Line Code Violations, 5613 P-bit Coding Violation,
   5360 C-bit Coding Violation,
   887 P-bit Err Secs, 0 P-bit Sev Err Secs,
   0 Sev Err Framing Secs, 0 Unavailable Secs,
   901 Line Errored Secs, 887 C-bit Errored Secs, 0 C-bit Sev Err Secs

    It happens only against   the router, using Protocol Analyzers
Equipment I always shows  OK.

    Googling, I found a lot of forums writing about the issue  and
advising to use one Cisco Ds3 Attenuator, but I can't find the Cisco Ds3
Attenuator, so I'm thinking buy one * 75FP-XXX-2G BNC found on this URL
http://www.rf-attenuators-dividers-terminations-switches.com/JFW_75ohm_Fixed_Products.aspx

*

*    Any Idea or comment will be appreciated..
*

*
JC
*