[c-nsp] Ds3 Issues

Gregory Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Wed May 16 16:46:26 EDT 2007

>     It happens only against   the router, using Protocol Analyzers
> Equipment I always shows  OK.
>
>     Googling, I found a lot of forums writing about the issue  and
> advising to use one Cisco Ds3 Attenuator, but I can't find the Cisco
> Ds3 Attenuator, so I'm thinking buy one * 75FP-XXX-2G BNC found on this
URL
> http://www.rf-attenuators-dividers-terminations-
> switches.com/JFW_75ohm_Fixed_Products.aspx

We had the same issue w/ a CT-3 cards in a 7500 series coming off of a Mux
w/ about 8 feet of cable. I believe the solution that we finally hit on was
to use a length of 75 feet of Coax w/ 12 DB attenuators on the send/receive
side. Since that time, we've have -0- issues with it.

BTW.. we ended up using a combination of after-market attenuators and some
radio shack coax adaptors for our solution. It's been stable for at least
1.5 years since..