[c-nsp] Detection of Link Performance degradation

Arie Vayner (avayner) avayner at cisco.com
Wed Nov 14 04:56:22 EST 2007

Dracul,

If the link is not utilized, or you have periods of time you know the
link is not utilized, you could use an IP SLA probe to download (using
HTTP/FTP) some file across the link, and measure the time it takes over
time...

Not sure how this is interesting on live networks, but it would do what
you need.

On live networks people usually use the IP SLA feature to monitor the
link performance using the delay/jitter values as well as application
level response time...

IP SLA info can be found here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_
book09186a008043be2d.html