[c-nsp] snmp management

omar parihuana omar.parihuana at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 10:17:47 EST 2007

Hi guys,

I'm facing a strange problem.... it must be simple, but so far I don't
understand well why is it happening?

I have two routers one router 2621XM and other one 851, I configured snmp in
both devices, the same configuration (only different IP) and I can get the
SNMP info only of first router (2621XM) and the 851 don't provide snmp info.
the only configuration is: snmp-server community XXXX RO

In my Linux box I use snmpwalk and only first router response. The diference
between both routers is  that internal IP, in 2621XM is physical interface,
and 851 is SVI (Vlan 1) and of course the IOS, maybe is possible some bugs
in IOS c850-advsecurityk9-mz.124-4.T7.bin?????  I'm planning to restart the
851 but I need to know what's happening...   Have you ever seen this problem
before?

Ps. the IOS in 2621XM is: c2600-jsx-mz-123-14.T5 bin there are connectivity
between NMS and both routers... no firewalls, no filter ports....
Rgds.

--
Omar E.P.T