[c-nsp] BFD support on ISR

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Mon Oct 1 02:17:03 EDT 2007

At 08:30 PM 9/30/2007, Mark Tinka wrote:
>On Monday 01 October 2007 06:32, Mario Puras wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know whether BFD is supported on ISR
> > platforms?  What is the smallest platform that BFD is
> > supported on?
>
>1801

One thing to keep in mind is that Cisco only supports BFD 1.x on most
platforms. Some other vendors only support BFD 2.x and the two are
not compatible. You would think that 2.x should be backward
compatible, but it isn't. I think some new 7600 versions support 2.x.
Unless you know this, you will spend hours of frustration in a
multi-vendor environment trying to get BFD to work.

-Robert

Tellurian Networks - Global Hosting Solutions Since 1995
http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin