[c-nsp] fabric counters on 6500s

Chris Griffin cgriffin at ufl.edu
Wed Oct 10 17:47:57 EDT 2007

Can someone point me to some descriptive information about fabric errors
and procedures to troubleshoot them.  Basically I am looking for
descriptive information on:

show fabric errors
show fabric channel-counters
remote command switch show fabric errors

For instance, what do rxErrors mean on the channel counters, and how do
they differ from errors shown by show fabric errors.  What is the best
procedure to troubleshoot rxErrors under channel-counters.  I was told
by TAC that any module in the system can cause rxErrors on any slot and
channel, which I am skeptical of.  How do show fabric errors differ from
the switch and msfc point of view.  So far I have yet to ever see an
error under "show fabric errors", but they are not uncommon on the
switch side.  Has anyone had an rxError problem so great that they had
to swap the chassis?

Thanks!
Chris Griffin                           cgriffin at ufl.edu
Sr. Network Engineer - CCNP             Phone: (352) 273-1051
CNS - Network Services                  Fax:   (352) 392-9440
University of Florida/FLR               Gainesville, FL 32611