[c-nsp] MPLS network on 3750 switches - ISIS or OSPFwhichis scalable?

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Thu Oct 18 06:38:14 EDT 2007

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists wrote:
>> I'm talking about situation where you solely/mostly need SFP
>> ports, in 3750 you had the 12SFP model in 3550 you had to 10
>> GBIC model. In 3750E, 3560E there is no such box anymore,
>> effectively forcing you to buy bigger boxes just to get correct
>> media out of them.
>
> ME-3400G-12CS ?
> ME-4924-10GE ?
> ME-C6524GS-8S ?
>
> -A
> PS: They all also run IS-IS.

They may all run IS-IS but the latter 2 are not cheap.  The ME4924 will
run you about $56k list and the ME6524-24SFP will run you $59 once you
put RAM in the box and get the Advanced IP featureset.  The ME3400 is
not too badly priced though.  I have 2 ME6524s (copper) and like them.
I replaced one of them on RMA a few hours ago due to a bad port.  Other
than that they really haven't given me any problems.  I'm using them as
the core routers in a small POP.

Justin