[c-nsp] Rate limiting questions

Ian Cox icox at cisco.com
Fri Oct 26 17:37:09 EDT 2007

At 08:33 PM 10/26/2007 +0100, Phil Mayers wrote:
> [...]

What exactly do you mean by not route traffic? HSRP on the standby
does not route traffic for the HSRP vmac, it drops the traffic on the
floor. If it did not do this when you have a unicast flood packet
both switches would forward the packet and have duplicate packets.
Then you have the case of the end station using the real interface of
the standby router instead of the vmac and that still a valid
requirement to need to forward frames.

Ian