[c-nsp] Router Suggestion for console access?

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Sun Sep 2 09:33:28 EDT 2007

Hi folks...

Looking for feedback on what still works well for console access via a
router dial-up?

We have quite a few sites that have several routers/switches/access devices
all of which have console/serial connections on them.... We'd like to be
able to dial-up to a router onsite and then connect to all the other devices
for out of band control.....  We don't want to connect a phone line directly
via mdoem to each device of course...

Cisco 2511 comes to mind but hoping for something current....

Thanks,

Paul