[c-nsp] 7200VXR 12.0(31)S6 connect command for local switching

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Mon Sep 10 14:42:40 EDT 2007

Has anyone used the connect command in this train of code?  I'm
trying the following:

!
connect test FastEthernet5/0.200 FastEthernet5/0.201
!
interface FastEthernet5/0.200
  description TEST1
  encapsulation dot1Q 200
  no ip redirects
  no ip unreachables
  no ip directed-broadcast
  no ip proxy-arp
  no ip mroute-cache
  no cdp enable
!
interface FastEthernet5/0.201
  description TEST2
  encapsulation dot1Q 201
  no ip redirects
  no ip unreachables
  no ip directed-broadcast
  no ip proxy-arp
  no ip mroute-cache
  no cdp enable
!

switch config (CatOS 6.4(7), Module : WS-X5225R, Hw : 3.3, Fw : Fw :
4.3(1)):
  9/1  TEST1     connected  200        normal   full   100 10/100BaseTX
  9/2  TEST2     connected  201        normal   full   100 10/100BaseTX

The switch sees the MAC addresses of the hosts attached to 9/1 and
9/2.  The hosts cannot see the MAC addresses of one another and the
router cannot see the MAC addresses of either of the PCs (which makes
sense since it's layer 2).

show connection shows the connection as being UP, but with a common /
24 network configured on both the hosts, one host is unable to reach
the other.

interworking subcommands aren't available in this version of code,
but that not withstanding, I believe interworking isn't required
since both interfaces share common media.

Any ideas?