[c-nsp] Routing recommendations

Alexander Koch efraim at clues.de
Tue Sep 11 09:08:52 EDT 2007

Mikael, All,

[...]
> 2.3 Mpps with a NPE-G2 at full routing table, I don't even think Cisco
> markering would say that should work.
>
> I'd recommend a used Cisco 7304 instead, or a 7604 with Sup720 and a 6724
> LC, but that's also a bit overkill.

would the general public on this list agree and say that with us approaching
256k routes the use of the smaller 65xx based boxes makes only very limited
sense? I cannot help but think a M5 or M7i used or something is more up to
that task than any 6503/6504/6524ME or 7206.

If one compares the M5/M7i with 7304, what would you chose? I will happily
favour Juniper over any and all Cisco boxes personally - less limitations.

Alexander,
bored - and since that thread ran by...