[c-nsp] Router recommendation

Steve Bertrand cisco at ibctech.ca
Wed Sep 12 11:28:57 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

We run a small ISP, with approximately 2500 dialup clients, 50 SDSL
clients, and with about 300 domain hosting clients.

We currently have a Cisco 2651 router that is underpowered for our
environment.

(C2600-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M) -- Cisco 2651XM (MPC860P) processor

Currently, said router has two Internet feeds, a 100Mbps LAN extension,
and two multi-linked ADSL connections.

We were advised we should upgrade to a 7200, but I don't know which one.

Here are our requirements (minimum):

- 6 fa interfaces
- ability to add two ATM cards
- BGP, but only receiving default-originate, nothing more
- approx 150 ACL entries
- IPv6 capable

Can anyone recommend a particular model of router (preferably Cisco) and
IOS version that would suit my minimum req's?

Thanks in advance,

Steve