[c-nsp] 3750 Metro MPLS

Jason Gintert jason at fidelityaccess.com
Mon Sep 17 22:34:03 EDT 2007

ME3750s are a different beast.  Very little documentation to be found,
commands are taken but don't show up in the config (or actually work) and it
really seems to be the switch that doesn't really suit anyone well.  I think
they were something pushed out the door quickly to support emerging service
provider MDU Metro Ethernet plays but ended up lacking in my opinion.

As far as what I've found in scattered Cisco documentation and limited
experience, only the ES (Enhanced Services) SFP ports on the far right of
the chassis offer any MPLS, hierarchical QoS, VLAN mapping and 802.1Q
tunneling options.  I was pretty disappointed to find this out after
purchasing one.

Jason