[c-nsp] 7507 IOS ver. recommendation: 12.0S or 12.2S or whatever?

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Fri Sep 21 10:46:15 EDT 2007

 Hello Ilia,

Sure one of the Cisco guys will probably speak up, but I think you need to
ditch the FSIP boards, you can't have any non-VIP cards in the router if you
want it to work right with dCEF.

As to the IOS, I am running with 12.2(25)S12 in the one I have here, wth dCEF
enabled, moving 300-400mbps average, and have been up over 600mbps before, and
it's done fine, even speaking BGP4 the RSP load is near 0, as the VIP's are
switching the GigE ports..

---
Howard Leadmon