[c-nsp] Advice on Terminating T1s

Dean Smith dean at eatworms.org.uk
Fri Sep 21 13:23:03 EDT 2007

"At what point would you stop using multiple 7200s and go to a bigger box?"

We run 7200s with either  6x8 Port E1 Card or the Channelised STM1(OC3) PA
-which gives 63xE1 (PA-STM-1)

We run hierarchical 6-layer QoS and a G1 could happily run 2 of those (we
only run one but are in a very cautious environment). So A rack with 8
7200-g1 + 2 Channelised STM1 per chassis could give you 1000 E1 without the
hassle of a 10k.

(Assuming of course a channelised STM1 equivalent is available to you)