[c-nsp] Per Session Rate-limits

a. rahman isnaini r. sutan risnaini at speed.net.id
Sun Sep 23 06:40:12 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "stevek" <stevek at onshore.com>
To: "Adrian Chadd" <adrian at creative.net.au>
Cc: "'cisco-nsp'" <cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net>
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2007 11:36 PM
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Per Session Rate-limits

:
: Adrian Chadd wrote:
: > On Fri, Sep 21, 2007, stevek wrote:
: >> I am sure someone somewhere has asked this before:
: >>
: >> Is anyone familiar with a way to deploy a per-session rate-limit on the
: >> 7200 platform? I have a number of 7200s which are attached to campus
: >> networks and we are looking to limit per-user or per-session traffic. I
: >> know this can be done with the Broadband Aggregation Enhancements
: >> released last year, but this only seems to apply if you are running
: >> PPPoE - everything we have is straight ethernet.
: >>
: >> Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.
: >
: > Can you define session then?
: >
: A communications connection between two network nodes. At this point, I
: am not concerned about multicast. If limiting, policing, etc, cannot be
: accomplished per session then per host would probably work -- if hosts
: can be defined dynamically,

:: ET will work this dinamically session very well.
:: Or less cost : Mikrotik.

:
: --
: ------------------------------------
: Steven Kent
: Chief Technical Officer
: onShore Networks
: http://www.onshore.com
: fingerprint: pub  1024D/D2779F66 2004-04-07
: archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
:
:
: --
: No virus found in this incoming message.
: Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9/20/2007 12:07 PM
:
: