[c-nsp] Cat6500 - Support for MPLS and IPv6

Dean Smith dean at eatworms.org.uk
Mon Apr 7 14:10:37 EDT 2008

We can't moan about IOS deficiencies....and also moan when Cisco take the
opportunity of fundamentally new hardware to fundamentally re-architect the
software to fix those problems.

I like many I suspect have been suffering recently. They don't seem to be
able to add a feature (or even fix a bug) without breaking 2 others. And not
minor breaks but fundamental things like QoS in recent mainline 12.4 code.

Its killing us in terms of testing. We cant simply do a few spot checks - we
have to check every release we want to use in fine detail.

I'm hoping that something like IOS XE will give a clean break with the
legacy code base (at least on some platforms). Of course time will tell and
I'm hopeful....not confident!