[c-nsp] Ethernet Freezeup

Andre Beck cisco-nsp at ibh.net
Tue Apr 8 14:07:03 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 12:13:45PM +0200, Andre Beck wrote:

>  event manager applet duck-reachable
>   event track 1 state down
>   action 1.1 cli command "clear interface Fa0/0"
>   action 1.2 syslog priority critical msg "DUCK no longer reachable - Fa0/0 broken?"

Further reading reveals that something essential is missing here:

   action 1.0 cli command "enable"

Seemingly the initial state of the CLI backend is unprivileged exec,
which is a good thing if you only need show commands and mailing. To go
privileged exec, we have to start with enable. Apparently you can go as
far as "conf t" and rewriting your config there...

Andre.
--
   Real men don't make backups of their mail. They just send it out
    on the Internet and let the secret services do the hard work.

-> Andre Beck    +++ ABP-RIPE +++      IBH IT-Service GmbH, Dresden <-