[c-nsp] 6500 vs. 7600 revisited again (was: CSM for service providers)

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue Apr 8 16:47:10 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 22:15 +0200, Gert Doering wrote:
<snip>
> PS: I'm sorry.  This was my last "6500/7600 BU politics suck big time" rant.

Aww... It was beginning to get under my skin. ;-D

> While it won't change any time soon, this is just not the topic for this
> mailing list, and I'll try to return to constructive postings now.

I guess some (a lot?) on this changed their 6500's for 7600's when they
had the chance, seeing that it is the SP choice, but maybe in some time
we can see what way things went. We, as a semi large-ish enterprise
(government health care), chose to change away from 7600 to 6500 as core
boxen for our metro/regional network. This was after a long period of
problems with instability on SRB. Now we run 6500/SXF and it works like
a charm, knock on wood. (For MPLS VPN + a little EoMPLS + a few service
modules.)

(I'm not trying to keep this thread going by the way. Really!)

Regards,
Peter