[c-nsp] 6500 vs. 7600 revisited again

jon.hartman at verizon.com jon.hartman at verizon.com
Wed Apr 9 11:03:44 EDT 2008

We've performed such an upgrade from 3A to 3BXL, to get around the 256k
FIB table limitation. The real bust comes when you have to upgrade all of
the DFC's with the PFC. If you don't, it'll run in the least common
denominator.

________________________________
  Jon Hartman
  Network Engineering
  Verizon Internet Operations

Hi,

> There is a 3B -> 3BXL upgrade, which used to cost exactly the same as
> the price difference between a Sup720/3B and a Sup720/3BXL (so it's
> not a "we'll send you a new Sup720").

Yup. The WS-F6K-PFC3BXL= is just that: a new -3BXL PFC and some memory to
upgrade the Sup itself to 1GB RAM.

               Regards,

                    Marco van den Bovenkamp.