[c-nsp] Ethernet Freezeup

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.com
Thu Apr 10 10:14:24 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 01:36:33PM +0200, Andre Beck wrote:

> Ok, so what's common in *all* these cases is the NPE225. Exactly what
> I fear is the culprit.

I guess I should pull the NPE-225 out of my 1750 that was also experiencing
the problem?

I thought the common factor was the "router-on-a-stick" configuration,
where traffic is being routed in and out the same interface.  Interestingly
enough, my 7204 was using dot1Q encapsulation to route between multiple
subinterfaces (which of course was still going in and out the same
physical interface) while the 1750 did not have subinterfaces but was
also routing traffic out the same interface that it came in.