[c-nsp] 7609 & WS-X6748-GE-TX/3CXL TestAsicMemory failed

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Apr 18 11:45:44 EDT 2008

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou wrote:
> Is the following error something to worry? Can this SSRAM memory be replaced?

Be sure to:

  1. clear *all* config on the box which references the linecard (I use
a spare chassis and "clear start")
  2. Disable the periodic diags that run by default
  3. Run the diag *immediately* after a linecard reboot

I've seen various of the GOLD diags fail if there is *any* config on the
box, certainly any referencing the linecard. I've also seen that
particular diag fail if *any* other diag has run on the linecard since
the last reboot, including the periodic "non-destructive" ones.