[c-nsp] Route reflectors, BGP router redundancy et. Al.

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Tue Apr 22 09:00:22 EDT 2008

Dracul wrote:
> a. Should my configuration involve route reflectors?

Nope.
> b. Do I need interconnectivity between the 2 routers? ethernet or serial?

Which ever is the most cost effective way to get the capacity necessary
from one router to the other. IOS doesn't care. As long as your pipe
between the two is at least as large as the biggest upstream pipe, you
should be okay.
> c. Where would the two ISP links attach? Router A or B?

I would attach one to each - Each router would have at least two
sessions. One to an upstream, and one to the other router. Are you
planning on running HSRP or something to handle the switchover of your
LAN traffic when a router dies?

David