[c-nsp] GbE over SDH

MKS rekordmeister at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 04:22:54 EDT 2008

Hi list

We are getting N times STM-1 connections delivered over GbE (SDH
network). Currently we are running MPLS-TE over these GbE for
loadbalancing.
The problem is that we have seen failures where we loose part of the
capacity, e.g. loose 2 STM out of 4, and we are unable to detect this
failure, just a flatline when looking at mrtg graphs.
The obvious flaw in this scheme is that QoS basically stops working,
since my equipment sends more high priority traffic than is available.
One way of solving that is to have QoS also on the SDH GbE.
This kind of failure is something that I would like to detect but
don't see how it can be done. I don't know the capabilities of the SDH
GbE equipment.
Is there a creative network engineer out there that has a solution for
this problem?

Regards
MKS