[c-nsp] Static Routing Question

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Thu Apr 24 18:58:05 EDT 2008

Hi folks.

We're working on a project to expand some access equipment (ADSL access).
I'm trying to figure out the best approach for customers who have their own
netblocks.. Such as a /29.  Today, customers who have their own netblocks
connect and receive a single /32 static address via our Radius servers.
Then in the access device (7206VXR) we have a static route statement to send
the /29 towards the established /32.

When we finish our upgrades, the /32 static could come into our network from
up to 3 of the 7206VXR's providing the service.  Our network is pure OSPF
except for these few static routes.

Without messing with Radius, what options do I have to inject these routes
towards the endpoints when they are changing different devices all the time?
This seems like such a simple question but I have yet to come up with an
elegant solution ;)  I was thinking that somewhere in our core we could put
the static routes in place?

Take care,

Paul