[c-nsp] Qos between CE and PE

alex at alsn.be alex at alsn.be
Fri Apr 25 07:28:08 EDT 2008

Hello,

I tried to enable Qos between to routers. I checked configurations on
several sites but didn't get it to work.

here are the relevant parts of the configs:

On the CE router:

class-map match-all FTP-server
 match access-group 110
!
policy-map FTP
 class FTP-server
  priority percent 75
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0
 ip address 192.168.100.1 255.255.255.0
 service-policy output FTP
 duplex auto
 speed 10
!
access-list 110 permit ip any host 192.168.3.10

On the PE router:

class-map match-all FTP-server
 match access-group 110
!
policy-map FTP
  class FTP-server
    bandwidth percent 75
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1
 ip address 192.168.100.2 255.255.255.0
 duplex auto
 speed 10
 media-type rj45
 no negotiation auto
 service-policy output FTP
!
access-list 110 permit ip host 192.168.3.10 any

I have one host on the CE and two hosts on PE. 192.168.3.10 is a FTP
server that should get 75% bandwith. On the other host i run Iperf to use
the bandwidth.

When i start a ftp connection and then the Iperf (or the other way around)
The ftp drops to 50kbs.

Any idea how to stay around 750kbs on the ftp connection?

Thanks