[c-nsp] Bandwidth Vs Number of Users

Frank Bulk - iNAME frnkblk at iname.com
Sun Apr 27 18:31:52 EDT 2008

What are these customers' access speed?

In regards to residential consumer internet bandwidth use, I would argue
that consumption per user is more related to their access speed than any
other single factor.  For events, like what the original poster described,
access speed is likely to be standard Ethernet speeds (10/100 Mbps) and the
audience is likely uniform in some manner (there *is* a reason they are
coming together), and so broadband usage is unlikely to reflect typical
residential consumer internet access usage.

Frank