[c-nsp] Qos between CE and PE

Tim Franklin tim at pelican.org
Wed Apr 30 06:07:21 EDT 2008

On Wed, April 30, 2008 10:39 am, Alexandre Snoeck wrote:

> I'm still having some trouble with a basic config that doesn't work.
>
> CE side
> ---------
> class-map match-all FTP-server
>  match access-group 110
> !
> policy-map FTP
>  class FTP-server
>   bandwidth percent 75
> !
> interface GigabitEthernet0/0
>  bandwidth 10240
>  ip address 192.168.100.1 255.255.255.0
>  service-policy output FTP
>  duplex auto
>  speed 10

The lack of offered and drop rates in your 'show policy-map' output makes
me think that the policy-map isn't seeing congestion and hence isn't
dropping.

Try wrapping it in a shaper a bit below the interface speed to force
back-pressure, and see if that makes any difference.

policy-map FTP-shape
 class class-default
  shape average 9000000
  policy-map FTP

interface GigabitEthernet0/0
 bandwidth 9000
 servive-policy output FTP-shape

Then grab a 'show policy-map interface' while the tests are in progress.

Regards,
Tim.